View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #436
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Amazon will not ship the new Kindles outside of the US, so yes it has to first be shipped to a US address and then forwarded to you.

You can register it to your account upon receipt.
Yes, that's correct. That's how I got my Kindle Touch, too, and there were no problems with registering it to my Amazon UK account. It's a 3G version, and the 3G worked fine, too.

The only thing I couldn't do was buy books from the Amazon UK store on the Kindle itself, because it would only connect to "amazon.com". I had to wait for the Touch to be launched internationally, and after that there was a firmware update allowing connection to "amazon.co.uk". That's no problem for me, since I never buy books using the Kindle - I do so using Amazon's web site on my phone or PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote