View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #61
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Well, one potential issue I can see being a consideration is that as MR grows and attracts more members as e-readers become increasingly popular, some of the newer ones might end up seeing the Deals forum as a way to $$$MAKE MONEY FAST$$$.

Then they might end up posting individual threads for each and every one of their bargain "finds" which happen to be under $5 (instead of the tidy and considerate grouped-per-publisher time-limited discounts/well-known author on special promotion threads that people currently post), thus leading to a lot of clutter as they try to put their affiliate link out.
I thought of that, but would that be a bad thing? I mean, I check the Deals forum DAILY, and it's rare for there to be more than, what? 5 new deals a day? 6, maybe? I would actually LIKE more deals.

If the deals posters are making a dollar a day, they are working at an ABYSMAL hourly rate. I mean, really, I'm glad they're getting tipped, but it's obvious that this isn't going to be anyone's primary source of income.

And the mods deal well with link spam, I think.

Last edited by anamardoll; 09-26-2011 at 01:22 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote