View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #64
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
What I would expect for $200 usd is the Nexus 7 which doesn't have ads and has a much better app store. You're being overly sensitive, in such a highly competitive field a cheap tablet is absolutely not special and many people will toss aside a tablet for just one or two reasons because there will be a perfect one for them at their the same or similar price point.

Those that wouldn't like the ads or the lack of apps, or something else would save money and time by reading those negative reviews. It doesn't matter that one person doesn't find their tone properly respectful they are useful to the right audience, you just happen to not be in that audience.
At the age of 44, maybe I'm simply another generation.

I remember the times, when the disk drive for Commodore C64 was 700 German Marks = 350 Euros.
Or when my High-End Notebook from Toshiba was 4.000 Euros.
Or when a game for Commodore C64 was 100 German Marks = 50 Euros.

To me, the 200 Euros for those Low-End tablets simply aren't worth a second thought. So I can't quite comprehend the high expectations some users have for such a low price.

And again: Tone. Maybe I'm really getting old. But I simply don't find statements such as "Kindle Fire is total bullshit, it doesn't have 3G or an SD slot" or "Spiegel Magazine is not for free. Those petty thiefs" or "For such a high price (3 Euros!) I would have expected a better game, not such crap" or ... informative or entertaining. I simply find it frustrating and ridiculous.
Anyway...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote