View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This behavior is most strange. In theory it shouldn't matter that the books were loaded onto the 650 using Windows. I do have a hypothesis. Can you provide a little more info?

First question (which I apologize is very basic but will rule out problems) do you see the various books on the 650. Forget about the computers for a moment. Are all of the books there on the ereader so you know they were actually transferred properly from the computer to the device.

My second question is as Mark asked, do you see the ereader mounted in the Finder window? If so, do you see all of the books in the folders under READER?

My last question is do you see the 650 mounted as a device in the toolbar on calibre? When you do a clean install of calibre I seem to recall that it autoloads a quick-start user manual. That would be the only book in your library. Is it possible that you wife was only looking at books in the Library book list? Can you confirm that she clicked the device icon in the toolbar to look at books on the device? Does she understand that you see the two sets of books separately and not merged together? That may explain why she doesn't see anything but the manual? Also when you are viewing the Device book list make sure that something isn't accidentally typed in the search box. I have done that before and wondered why I couldn't see my books!

Hope that helps! A little more info might be useful to asset further.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote