View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #163
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I just thought of an idea for a plugin, and I am really surprised neither myself or no one else asked for this request. But I would like to see a plugin that will create backups of the database and settings files, especially the plugins folder and any other folders/files that would be needed to transfer Calibre to another computer or to be restored on the original computer. It would be nice if the plugin was able to allow the user to add custom names in a user specific folder that would allow the user to keep any and all backups in.

I hope someone would be willing to take on this request because it is a critical feature that is missing, at least in my mind it is.

Nyn
This is similar to a wish for a tool that I had.

I have a number of systems (with different OS in the mix) that are never the same

A Configuration settings comparison and Selectable synching tool that uses the saved configuration from one system to display (siide-by-side?) and possibly adjust the current system settings and or Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote