View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Actually I hadn't thought of the blurb, though I imagine it is useful in attracting readers. I was thinking more on continuity between the stories. I mean if a character suffers a badly broken leg in book 1 and a Dr.tells him/her that they will have a visible limp for the rest of their lives they aren't likely to win a marathon in New York City the summer afterward in book 2. Outlining what is what and how things link up between the two books would prevent such errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G J Lau View Post
If I read your comment correctly, you are suggesting I can use the blurb and summary to help set the stage a bit. It would kind of give readers a heads up that they should read the first book before the second if they want to fully enjoy the final twist. How I would write that remains a big mystery at this point.

Of course, this raises a whole other question about reading books in a series out of order. I try never to do that but sometimes it is unavoidable. I see now why writers tend to make stories isolated events. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed for this one.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote