Thread: Silliness Avatar for zelda_pinwheel
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #37
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oooh an avatar from nekokami !! yay !! i can't wait ! AND a script !! yay !! i love scripts... in which case i will have to add the credit line to the actual avatar like slayda suggested. unless you can also change my signature with the script ? or some other text displayed in my profile ? should i put all the avatars all together in a directory online somewhere ? can i dynamically add more avatars without modifying the script ? what language will you write it in ? will you show it to me, so i can try to figure out how it works ?

(me jumping up and down, this is all too much excitement)
I can't easily change the sig line with the same script and I'm not sure how to keep a separate script in sync, but I might be able to add the credit below the avatar image. Putting all the avatars together in a directory online somewhere would be one way, but as long as we have a list of URLs where they can be found, that would be sufficient. You'll be able to edit the script to add more avatars as they come in. I'll probably write it in perl, which you can read to see how it works. I usually comment my code.

Don't look for it before this weekend, though.

Edit: BTW, you can get a maneki neko like the one in my avatar at Mrs. Lin's Kitchen. Though you might prefer this one:
Attached Images

nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote