View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #43
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublezed View Post
I have a PB 603 and it's the same as 903 but the display size. We can use the stylus to tap on the keyboard but it's too slow to take long text note because you have to wait that the key you pressed is highlited and then unhighlighted before you can press another key and this is really a slow process. You can tap fast on keys but system often loose some keypress and you'll be constrained to doublecheck the typed text.
I think this process would be much faster if they studied an highlight system thar requires less display update.
We have the same problem with the 902, but I never really noticed it because navigating the keyboard with the buttons is so slow that the keypress animation hardly makes a difference (unless I just want to keep typing 'g' over and over). Try typing with the arrow buttons to select the keys and maybe you will feel better about the speed with the stylus.

The highlight system makes sense when navigating the keys with the buttons, but I can see that it would get in the way when using a stylus.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote