View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #59
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
EDIT: See two posts below before attempting this.

Resetting the Kindle won't help. I'm afraid that there is something wrong with your diags partition, but I don't know what that is. And since you're the only person reporting that sort of problem, I'll need your help.

The good news is that everything before went through correctly, so your device actually is jailbroken - it's just a small part of the "rescue pack" that screwed up.

So: please install the usbnetwork package and log into your Kindle. Then perform the following commands:

Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/mmc
ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
cp -f /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow.before_rescue_pack
ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
And post the output here.

It is the second-last command that is failing in the installer, but I don't know why (it shouldn't fail). Maybe the output of the above commands can shed some light on this

here you go :
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/mmc
mount: /dev/mmcblk0p2 already mounted or /mnt/mmc busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/mmcblk0p2 is already mounted on /mnt/mmc
[root@kindle root]# ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
ls: /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*: No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]# cp -f /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow.before_rescue_
pack
cp: can't stat '/mnt/mmc/etc/shadow': No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]# ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
ls: /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*: No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]#
So, does that help you figure out what I did wrong ?

And Twobob : , but I just can't figure out why I could not access the kindle. I redid what I did before and this time it worked. It was silent around me, that might have done the trick. Did not go over wifi though.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote