View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #50
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I have five. My progression:

eBookman 911 - first portable device that I could afford that had ereader capabilities; I think I got it around 2001

Aluratek Libre Pro - my first "modern" dedicated ereader; it was the most affordable one out there and handled more formats than the Sonys - I still use it occasionally

Sony PRS-350 - got it because: I wanted to see what the difference was between e-ink (Sony) and e-paper (Aluratek) was, it was smaller and lighter than the Aluratek, I thought the design looked sleek (still do)

Pandigital Novel (original white) - I wanted to see what a reading on a back-lit color touch screen was like, and I wanted to try my hand at rooting an Android device; rarely use it because the images aren't crisp enough, the device is heavy for reading, and the backlight tires out my eyes after extended reading, the Android root was never very intuitive for me

Sony T1 - I wanted a larger screen than the Aluratek or the 350, wanted a touch screen, liked the abilities of the device and the 12 included dictionaries, wanted to be able to use epubs instead of being tied to the Kindle format, and just liked the look of the device better than the Nook or Kobo ones; it remains my primary ereader
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote