View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #25
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A question for those who participate in the "Baen Monthly Bundles" threads. I see many people who seem to use these threads to get free bundles, month after month, but I was under the impression that Baen intended these "buy one, give it away to someone" deals to be used only by new customers who had never before bought from Baen. Isn't this use of "throwaway" accounts at Baen going against the spirit, even if not the letter, of the use that Baen intend these deals to be used for? Baen are one of the "good guys" of the ebook industry - it seems wrong to me to be taking advantage of them in this way.
Harry -- I couldn't agree more. I've created a thread, and even gotten books through the threads, but I decided early on that my participation in the threads would only happen if there were
(a.) No books in the bundle I would buy anyway
(b.) at least one book that was of vague interest from an author I was not familiar with.

This is within the spirit of the bundle gifts, since it does actually introduce me to a new author. But by now, I look at each month's bundle when it comes out, and either buy it or not. And I don't make the freebie for the ones that I buy available here, since I saw too many people abusing the intent of the coupons.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote