View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #1592
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatran View Post
I need little help from users of Onyx Boox M92 "black edition" (bought through Artatech).
I updated to latest artatech's firmware 20131018 without problem.
I wanted to use booxtor's updates, therefore I installed
M92 Unlocker (by seaniko7)

However, now it is not possible to get M92 to update ANY firmware (I have tried booxtor's 2013-07-17, booxtor's 2013-12-04, artatech's 20131129). M92 just says "no update found" and I must reset it 2 times to continue in normal work.

Could you help me to revert my M92 to initial state? I need a copy of update kernel from original M92 "black edition" (it is 3MB of memory overwritten by unlocker and I made backup of wrong part of memory). Please run the script copy_updatekernel_to_sd.oar
from SD card of your M92 "black edition" and send me the resulting file "copy_of_updatekernel.img" (written to folder / on your SD card).

The script contains command:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/media/sd/copy_of_updatekernel.img bs=512 skip=12288 count=5857
which skips 12288 blocks of memory and copies next 5857 blocks to ouput file.

Peter
Try to update using MFG Tool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar
Instruction is inside of archiv. Don't forget to backup your content - MFG tools installation formates the internal memory, so everything will be deleted.

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-09-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote