Thread: True Crime
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have to admit that I do find books about modern true crime distasteful. They seem to me to be an attempt to profit from the suffering of others.
The majority of modern true crime books give the victim's family/friends a chance to tell their side of the story. Authors such as Ann Rule and Kathryn Casey spend much time with relatives to get the back story, which goes a long way to explain the "why" of a crime. It's not really a matter of profiting from other's suffering, but more an attempt to have the reader understand what happened and perhaps prevent similar crimes.

Last edited by JoHunt; 01-02-2013 at 12:24 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote