View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Sony Reader PRS-505 will very soon support ePub and reflowable PDF. So no, you don't have just Sony's BBeB format. I'm seeing some eBooks now available for sale in ePub format which means once the new firmware is out, you'll be able to purchase these eBooks and read them on the 505.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26775
Yes, I was just reading about that in the Waterstones / Sony Reader thread.

ePub support removes the main downside to the Sony. Hopefully with waterstones pushing the device we'll see more best sellers available in ePub. Plus in time there will be plenty of tools becoming available to convert from various formats to ePub.

I think the Sony is going to be very strong competitor to the Cybook and Hanlin once it becomes available. It's got the looks, the cheaper price point and soon will have a standard book format. Even purchases from the Sony book store would be a possibility if they ever added ePub to their store and even if they don't, there will be plenty of other stores making them available.

It's really hard to recommend any other reader at this time. Only reason I could see to buy the Hanlin or Cybook, is if you wanted the device NOW If you can wait, the Sony looks to be the best option.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote