Thread: Buy Sony PRS-950
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
It seems there isn't that many people with a leftover PRS-950

Is it the price? I thought 250 was pretty good, considering they sold for less than 200 retail at some point.

Or is it shipping to Denmark? I got an US friend who can act as a relay if your worried about the distance.
I may be interested. I have two PRS-950s.. I love the 950, it is basically my dream device and I almost wanted to keep one as a back-up, but I've come to realize this is probably unnecessary, since I used my PRS-505 for 3.5 years without incident. I also need some cash because I just ordered an iPad 3.. still, while I saw this post a few days ago, I've been agonizing as I love my PRS-950 so much (but it doesn't make sense to have two..)

The only thing I am concerned about is shipping overseas. I'd be willing to ship to your U.S. friend with delivery confirmation/insurance via USPS Priority for $250 (and no extra for shipping), if he can handle it from there so that I can have proof of delivery for Paypal purposes. (Not to be too paranoid, but I was scammed on craiglist for a PRS-650 last year--posted about it in the Sony forums, and I've been rather wary since then..) I know international shipping with delivery confirmation is extremely expensive, but if you would rather pay for that postage including whatever the post office charges, which I would guess to be around $30 or so, that would be fine also.

The one I would sell, however, is not pristine exterior-wise. It was purchased as "like new" on craigslist, and the seller lied about the condition. the screen and the front are completely beautiful except for one MINISCULE tiny tiny nick at the bottom below the controls (not on the screen), which I didn't notice until I inspected it this weekend to post about the condition, but the back has a weird yellow highlighter mark and maybe a few faint scratches (hard to see) and the side of the device which is bright silver has a few nicks. I will take pictures and post soon, but I can say that none of the marks bother me at all in use as I keep it in an Oberon cover and never see the back or sides, and the e-ink screen is perfect, the battery life is great (I've used it since last october or November and only charge once every three weeks, around the 50% mark), and the device is snappy. It is seriously the love of my life and even now I'm questioning selling the device, even though strictly speaking, I don't need it.

I will take pictures today or tomorrow if you are still interested after hearing all of the above I could include a case that came with it from the seller, it fits perfectly but wouldn't be my choice as the material is some nylon-ish thing and it zips up, and I find the zippers rather annoying when holding it in book mode. The case, however, is incredibly protective for carrying around as the nylon is hard and no edges are exposed when closed. Also included would be a USB cord, but not the plug, as the PRS-950s never shipped with those and I imagine the voltage is different for your country anyways. I may also have the original documentation, but I can't make any promises.

Last edited by seajewel; 04-23-2012 at 03:15 PM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote