View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 01:22 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHouse Lady View Post
It does seem odd that you cannot just put the author's name as FN, LN and then the sort as LN, FN.
The above is calibre's default way of dealing with authors. I enter FN LN in the author field and calibre puts LN, FN in the author sort field. When I sort on the author column it sorts by last name, even though it displays FN LN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHouse Lady View Post
That does change the author's name to FN, LN so I have to change it each time.
You didn't pay attention to Chaley's post about the tweak, did you? If you apply the tweak calibre will either copy directly what is entered in the the author field or copy directly if there is a comma in the author field and reverse entries if there is no comma in the author field. The tweak and I'm sure the thread Chaley linked to explains these options.

Bottom line is you're making it harder then it is by not paying attention to answers you've already received.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote