View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #3
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
I wouldn't. Apple computers don't get targeted much compared to PCs when it comes to viruses and spyware etc. There's some, but much less than in the PC world. And I've not heard of viruses on the iPhone, iPod touch etc and the iPad uses the same OS.
You are serious about that?

There were always people who try to hack the iPhone and there will be enough trieing with the iPad. Just a few days ago there were news about a hack where it would be possible to hack an iPhone with up to date firmware by executing hackers code when you visit prepared websites by safari. They where able to read out the SMS databse but it would also be possible to execute hacker tools to do much serious thing to the iPhone user and his data.

Good news is it was a contest and from what i heard they send the details to apple to fix the door but to believe the iPhone or the iPad are 100% save to attackers would be a little bit naiv i think

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=5836
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote