View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Interesting... I just tried an experiment. Before doing a Sync from the PC to the Kobo I saved a copy of the database from the Kobo to my PC.

Then I did the Sync but did not disconnect the Kobo, and then grabbed another copy of the database.

Using a free tool SQLite Compare http://www.sqlitecompare.com/ I compared the two databases.

It would appear the Kobo Desktop client DELETED the data for the majority of ePub format books that had been added via ADE.

Then I did the disconnect, and let the Kobo go through a roughly 15 minute process of updates, and again reconnected the Kobo and copied the database.

The entries that were dropped were now re-added.

The only tables changed during this process were:
content
and
volume_shortcovers

I think tomorrow I will reset the device and experiment further (as long as I can steal it away from the wife's fingers).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote