Thread: Meet-Up! Apero in Seattle
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Get VR down from Vancouver? Whoa! Space-time travel is getting really cool these days, ever since Adrian showed up. Seriously, I think you meant Wetdogeared (Wanting Directions Eagerly). I mean, I'd looooooooove to come to Seattle (or Vancouver) for an apéro....erm, party....but it's not likely to be on my calendar until at least this fall. But I'll be thinking about you guys!
Huh. Sure you didn't put on a different coat? I coulda sworn those ears looked familiar.

But anyway, I've seen a bunch more check-ins from the Vancouver area, so I just wanted to point out it's not that far to drive.

I've been in Florida once, but didn't get off the airplane! I think I'd want to make sure I had a waterproof reader, since the meetup should be held in the Keys, right?

OK Seattle. I'm gone from town about the same time KK is, which works for me. I suggest avoiding holiday weekends, since most people want to do something with families. Ferries? some arrive downtown, which should be good, some arrive in Edmonds, which might be ok. I live south of the city, so I'm driving a bit in most cases. Anywhere in the Ride Free zone around would still be pretty easy to get to, barring uncomfortable crutches or such. My first two thoughts were either the University Book Store, or the mall right beside Third Place Books in Lake City. In either place, I know some of the employees, and timing might coincide with an author reading, or similar event.

If we end up at Third Place, I might be convinced to pick up a small number of people at the ferry terminal. On the other hand, someplace with food could be good, too. Anybody else?
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote