View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Easy PDF for the jetBook

I'm not a big fan of PDFs for ebook use, however, the jetBook has a decent PDF renderer, so I putzed around with it. The simplest, cheapest way to generate a readable PDF file for the jetBook I've found is:

1) Using Open Office Writer, open your source file (rtf, doc, txt, whatever).
2) Under "Format, Page" set the paper size to 3" wide by 4" high. Set the margins to 0"
3) Under "File" select "Export to PDF"
4) Pull the trigger.

When you load your file into the jetBook, you'll probably see a reasonable reproduction of what you would get if you printed the page. If you see a tiny image, go to "Settings" and choose "Full Screen".

Here's a typical excerpt from C.L. Anderson's "Bitter Angels", chosen simply because it was the first short rtf in my directory.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BitterAngels3W.pdf (70.4 KB, 526 views)
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote