View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 AM   #20
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I used Moon+ Reader Pro for several years. Several weeks ago, I discovered that it would inexplicably not show the endings of sections of books, i.e., if I had an omnibus collection of novels, I found that it would sometimes throw away half the title partway through. These were books converted from (free) mobi format to epubs. Every other epub reader on Android that I tried would display the book correctly. I've now switched to Cool Reader as my default epub reader. I use Calibre Companion to import books into it.

Moon Reader also has a habit of inserting strange page breaks into books with the notation 1/3 and 2/3 added. I assume this has something to do with the way some or all epubs are stored in the file container. Again, this behavior is not observer with any other Android epub reader I've tried.

I miss Moon Reader a bit because it would more or less sync between phone and tablet through Dropbox, which none of the others will do as far as I am aware.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote