View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by intipuss View Post
It's simply as I said.

I add a book to Calibre and it's on the Kobo with all info/metadata.
It does sound simple, but the next line below was not mentioned before and was the type of information I was trying to get from you: a more detailed description of what was happening. Unfortunately, this still isn't enough to debug what is happening.
Quote:
I add another book from the Calibre library to my Kobo and as soon as thats added you can see & watch the green tick disappearing from another that you previously had on the library. I checked the Kobo after disconnecting it properly - the new book is there and the 'deticked' book has gone. I found some of the 'disappeared' in seperate folders in Kobo - although all info was there previously ( author, title etc) and now its showing up in these folders as title unknown/author unknown.
This is really strange behaviour and I would really like to solve it. The first part suggests the save template is set to use the same file name all the time. But, I can't think of a way for the rest to happen.

Quote:
Many thanks for everyones help, but I have now given up with calibre and moved on EPUBOR Ultimate which although has no library as such, allows me to convert the books to EPub and they don't delete.
Well, you could continue using calibre, disable the Kobo Touch driver and use "Save to disk" to put the converted books onto the device. You can save either directly to the device, or to somewhere on the computer and then copy to the device. Doing that means there is no interaction between calibre and the database on the device. And any problems you have will not be caused by calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote