View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #50
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I suspect that this is more a matter of gatekeeping/collection curating than the cost of processing. I mean, could processing a book really cost more than BUYING a book? In Elfwreck's example above, I would imagine most of it could be done by looking up the ISBN. I think probably the librarian just doesn't want your old book, and doesn't want to say so (or doesn't want to look the book up and decide yes or no on the spot).

The library in my hometown now has a used bookstore attached. All book donations go there (not to the library collection), and the money the bookstore makes supports the library.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote