View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #21648
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Dreams, for what it's worth, I too was deathly afraid of getting electrocuted. To the point where I was almost afraid to change a lamp socket when the lamp was unplugged! But I was planning on building my own house, and so took some 10-week classes at the Adult Ed Center in the town I was living in. By the third week of the "Home Wiring" class, my fears had completely vanished, and just left me really ticked off at the electricians who I had been paying $50+ an hour to do things that anyone with the ability to read the words 'black,' 'white,' and 'bare,' could easily do! After the 10-week class I had no difficulty at all completely wiring my house to well above recommended specs. In fact, every wall had two different 3-wire receptacles, each on a completely different line! Bathroom and kitchen each had two GFI circuits. I wired in the 220 for the air conditioner and dryer, and even added added a two-way switch so I could turn on or off the outside lights from either inside or outside. The wiring was the easiest, simplest part of building my house... once I learned to read black, white, and bare!

(Here in Japan, the White wire is hot... not the black!)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote