Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #950
AndyBurns
AndyBurns began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo & Touch
Thumbs up Thoughts on 2.x firmware.

Last night I upgraded from 1.9.x to 2.0.0, and then saw the 2.1.1 version, so manually updated to that.

I'm pleased with the removal of advertised books at the bottom of the home screen, quite happy for them to be on the Discover screen instead, seems sensible not to bug users too heavily.

Also like the shelves concept, surprised it doesn't carry though to the Desktop library.

Impressed with the weight/sharpness fine tuning, though the font selection seems to be be reduced rather than increased, a few symbols in chemical formulae seem to be missing (or that could be the fault of sideloaded content) maybe the non-Japanese equivalent of 2.1.x will improve the selection.

Is anyone else seing the message "Network Error. Oops, something happened to your internet connection and we couldn't finish your update."? I do normally run with WiFi turned off for battery life, turning WiFi on stops the message popping up.

Also I'm seeing a few stray pixels left over at the margins when paging on PDF documents.

All in all a good improvement AFAIAC.

Last edited by AndyBurns; 08-28-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: typo
AndyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote