View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #317
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
fsck can often (but not always) repair that kind of damage in a backup image file. I have gotten multiple corrupted backup copies before I started booting to the OTHER partition to make a backup. Since then they have always been good copies.
Depending on some details of "how" the image was mounted, if it was copied while running, then /sys and /proc will be populated. They might not be populated if this system image had those directories over-mounted with a tmpfs directory while running.
So even this is not a certain indicator but that is the first thing I will look for.

(Plus running an fsck on anything a person intends to share is a nice thing to do in a civilized world anyway.)

Last edited by knc1; 06-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote