View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #103
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
The real world is subtractive.

The problem with E-ink is that it can't offer white yet, and therefore it can't offer bright colors. But some of us prefer to set the brightness level low on our computers, so this is not going to be a problem for everybody. It will be like looking at the world through sun glasses.
Which would be a problem for someone whose vision demands better contrast (like me).

I haven't had a chance to play with e-ink devices in person, which I'd really consider necessary to any informed opinion (photos on a monitor involve enough different devices that I don't think they're completely accurate). Thus, I don't know what I think of e-ink in general. I do know that color is something a large percentage of the market would want, especially if textbooks are to shift to e-book format (many textbooks I've seen had color illustrations that needed to be color), among other market segments.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote