View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 05:27 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Amazon doesn't release that sort of information, so we only guess. Kindles are very durable, but the batteries on the K1, K2, and early K3s are getting old. I have a K3 Keyboard of the second generation, however, and it is still working as good as new. (It only gets occasional use.)

Amazon still sells the DX, and that too is Mobi 7 only.

The things I would worry about are two: if the Mobi 7 conversion makes a hash of your book, aren't you risking one-star reviews? And then too, there's a world of e-readers out side the Amazon universe. Right now, my July sales are divided 3 to 1 in favor of Amazon. Overseas, I suspect it's more like 1 to 1. I wouldn't give up those sales for anything, and fancy KF8 tricks probably won't export very well.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote