View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Questions for the pros

Hi everybody

I live in northern Europe and I am a published author (two published books). Not saying that to brag, just so that you have a little background. I am definitely not a computer wizard, quite the opposite. And English it not my main language. My books are (currently) not in English but Hungarian and perhaps some other language.

I just joined mobileread and have some questions for you professionals.

My coming books are going to be paper books as well as audio books, and ebooks. Some smaller ones maybe only ebook.

1) I have heard the .epub is a better format in Europe than .mobi, which is supposedly bigger in the US. Is that correct?

2) Should I try to use ebook software like Sigil or Jutoh for my coming book? Are they good software for a rather non-technical type? Also, they leave all the rest of the work to me, like selling and publicising.

3) Are sites like Lulu and Smashwords any good? Or only for amateurs? I see that Smashwords are promising to distribute and sell my "masterpiece" at major ebook retailers, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Sony and the Diesel eBook Store.

They say my book "will be readable on any e-reading device, including the Amazon Kindle, the Apple iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, the Sony Reader, the Barnes & Noble nook, Android devices, and others."

Sounds very good, no? Input welcome.

One last question: Is there a problem if you are not publishing in English? More difficult?

GM
GraciousMe is offline   Reply With Quote