View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Indeed I could see and access it under Ubuntu:

Silly me, I thought that ALT+E Export meant dumping the file system somewhere (such as when using dd) when it instead just makes it visible to the ext3 compatible OS.

Ahh, good to know. I just hope that using "U" in the future will give me write access to the vfat file system (partition 4) so I can copy my .bin file on it.

Thanks to you both.
When you want to restore, first press E to export just the fat filesystem. Copy the bin and then press U.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote