View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker View Post
I have been buying e-books through Kobobooks via Indigo since I got my Kobo reader. Despite the Ontario government announcing that the 5% tax rate effective July 1 would continue to be applied on books....they in their wisdom decided that e-books are not books and that the 13% tax would apply, yet only5% on books and audiobooks. Effectively it's frequently cheaper to purchase the books with discounts and taxes. Given Indigo's power in the book industry in Canada it makes me wonder why neither Kobobooks or Indigo let customers know of the new tax on e-books........maybe its to their advantage somehow. Despite being an avid ebook purchaser the last few months the tax issue has taken away most of the lustre for me. The last 2 books I purchased were not e-books and in both cases were quite a bit cheaper than ebooks from Kobobooks/Indigo when you include taxes
Eh! You wouldn't believe what could happen aside this little thing.
Last days almost all news on the net stress how on line bookstores
sell more ebooks than regular ones, on the paper. What to say
further?
At least, you were happy enough to get reader without any hassle.
Reason to sing and dance, isn't it?
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote