View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
Large Screen Reader

Hey all bookworms!

I am currently studying Software Engineering. For those of you who have never seen our books, I think it would suffice to say that the average SE book weighs about 1 kg (2.2 lbs). Hard to carry even one of them in your bag.

As such, I have been looking for a large screen (at least 8 or maybe 9 inches) reader below the $500 line.

So far I have looked at a few.

One that caught my attention is the Amazon Kindle DX. However I am not sure if you can load your own books (I mean those that are not bought from the Amazon E-book Store) on it and if it is legal to use it outside the US (I live in Turkey).

Also, can you please suggest a seller that would ship the reader to Turkey? Amazon
doesn't ship the Kindle to outside the US.

Finally, can you tell if the reader would support the Turkish characters?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the long read
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote