View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #34
Cottser
Enthusiast
Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Overall I'm happy with the Kobo Touch, my first eReader. I voted for the "firmware update(s)" option though.

I've had a couple issues that seem software-related (they happened with both units I've had, anyway). A couple freezes, and more worryingly I've had the touch screen become completely unresponsive after powering up/waking from sleep but the home button still works. Neither of these flaws make me feel warm and fuzzy about my purchase, but I admit that both issues are fixable with a quick reboot so I can live with them for now.

The software feels a bit unfinished to me, so I'm hoping it gets better with a few firmware updates. I won't go into specifics as I've shared most of my thoughts on this matter in the firmware updates thread.

I will say that if I had known about the upcoming Sony T1 at the time of purchase, I may have waited a bit longer to buy. For now though I'm pretty invested in the Kobo Touch (bought the protection plan and a case) so I guess I will stick it out.
Cottser is offline   Reply With Quote