View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #36
Lupines
Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
[root@kindle root]# flite -voice kal -t "This is the voice of the misterons we know you can hear us earthlings" /mnt/us/test1.wav;\
aplay /mnt/us/test1.wav

works as expected. even on the 3... as it (the voice kal) is 8k by default.

Only 16k does this oddness

workaround? figure out how to force to other voices to render at a different rate perhaps

EDIT: since I failed to do this. perhaps it's a compile time option. will check at some point. in the interim streaming at a different rate would probably do the job. will investigate some options
I'll upload the modified source files in case someone needs them over the weekend. I will also try to work on trying to make the binary smaller. 20MB is way too big. I believe the libs for alsa can be removed from the binary to make it smaller. I've been really busy and with no free time. After having a decent binary the other thing would be to add more voices. I haven't looked into this, yet.

Lupines.
Lupines is offline   Reply With Quote