View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #27
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarleton View Post
Of course, the PDF will need to be resized somehow to allow for easy reading with a large font. It also has to be able to handle the occasional image or math equation (colour isn't an issue for me and this part doesn't have to be perfect).
One quick comment on this: You don't want to convert any PDFs with math equations to a native format- in my experience, it really screws up the equations to a point of total unreadability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarleton View Post
I's also like to see a post that shows images of the unit with a journal article displayed on the screen - both one that has been reformatted in some magical way and one that is just drag 'n dropped onto the unit as-is. Thanks in advance.
See the attached picture. This is the textbook I'm currently working on (which is available as PDF download through my universitys network, so it's legal) displayed on my Cybook. As you can see, I use landscape mode. I flipped it so that the controls are on the right-hand side of the device and zoomed in to the point where the page width corresponds to the screen width. Granted, it's not that large a print, but at least for me, it's big enough to easily read.

EDIT: For size reference: The screen is 9 cm in heigth and 12.3 cm in width.
EDIT 2: I forgot to mention this: About a third of the page gets displayed this way, with some overlap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3180.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	22705  

Last edited by Manichean; 02-06-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote