View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
I got stuck at PE airport(a hole) a few months back, as usual I found a place to leave my bag and then went exploring places you're not meant to explore. Found some staff break room, and being dressed fairly formally decided I'd check for biscuits. I was pretty hungry. I failed to notice a guy in the adjoining room who caught me, but we ended up having coffee and I got to ask him annoying questions. He was some Boeing on site support guy.

Anyhoo he pretty much just said that all of the airlines do it to avoid causing conflict when passengers who are accustomed to using devices start using it on an airline who is using older planes without good digital signaling for in-cabin comms. He pointed out that the MD 80's parked nearby had some older gear which could be an issue as an example. It seemed that it was mostly just about comms, and that avionics and control stuff is a non-issue; I assume due to them being refit as complete units, with more digital components and better shielding.

Interestingly you'll find that a lot of older metro trains and such also have the same problem, but don't make a big fuss about it.

The biscuits were horrible floury things :/

always same throughout world
I travel many backward places
first big plane, then medium plane, then little plane, then get interesting.
but I used to it. only worry when they give me "jacket" and ask if I want gun

everywhere go, the real travelers, the real workers look for food, for biscuits for the hard times.
you have to get them when available
I sometimes buy bags of biscuits or hardy food when opportunity comes
carry with water bottles
make many friends with biscuits. get special treatment.
get to ride in front away from dust
nut date or fig cake make you king

forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote