View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #16
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Alright folks, here it comes: my attempt to make localization of the Java part of the KT easy. The idea is to have a single file containing all localizable strings, and to generate a single JAR from it. I have successfully tested the approach by translating a few strings and exporting the result to the Kindle, and it works. It's still a bit rough around the edges, but hey, this is a tool meant for hacking...

I guess that everyone seriously interested in translating can use this to base their work on. If you're on Linux, it should work out of the box. I haven't tested it on Windows, but in principle a working Perl installation (e.g. ActiveState Perl) and a standards-compliant zip executable should do. Be sure to read the included README!

Ready... set... go!
Attached Files
File Type: zip kt-localization.zip (243.5 KB, 366 views)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote