View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ah, one of them shows that maybe the glacier wasn't there. What do you think about everyone (yes scientists - see the links I posted) that don't agree with your pet theory. Again I remind you the topic under discussion is the Clovis people and their arrival when and how. If you want to discuss hypothetical glaciers and land bridges please feel free to do so in the other thread.
All the maps I find of the extent of glaciation at the last glacial maximum agree pretty closely with the few I posted. Care to point out maps showing glaciers covering Beringia?

And let's look at the links you posted. The first one from 1996 is in direct contradiction to the fifth one from 2006. The first one says that research has shown that flooding of Beringia happened 12,000 years ago, not 14,000 years ago. The fifth one says that research now shows flooding of Beringia to have happened 11,000 years ago, not 12,000 years ago. Who's to say that a study in 2016 won't flip the date once again?

The third link supports the 11,000 year date, and also says that "terrestrial plants and animals were living on the land bridge." And the first link says that "the Bering land bridge vegetation at the time consisted primarily of tundra plants and shrubs."

All of which supports the only point that I was arguing-- that Beringia wasn't under "miles of ice."
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote