View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Didn't Calibre leave the original files/directories in place and simply make copies for itself when you imported the books and place them in it's library directory?

-MJ
Thank you very much for mentioning!!!

It seems the catastrophe wasn't as bad after all! (lucky)
Indeed the files are copied instead of moved, which explains why my laptop is running out of diskspace lately...

Seemingly I only need to select the old directories and move them out to a new folder.
the remaining folders and files are the copies of the original, and can be deleted!
This makes days work into only a few minutes!

as far as changing the directory,I have to select at least one directory.
Calibre will copy all files into that directory;which I kind of find silly to have all books double.

It would make more sence to have a Calibre specified database file with links to files in the library, instead of copying everything over again.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote