View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 08:25 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
AnimeGalleries.net has a big collection of anime images from all your favorites. They've recently added a tool that allows you to create an avatar from any of their pics. You can crop and resize to your heart's content. I used it to create my current avatar with an image from Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. Miyazaki is my all-time favorite Japanese animator!
Thanks ignatz... got one there myself, so I'm no longer avatarless!

Hey -- anyone else not know what the word avatar really means? I never heard of it until people started using it for forum pics. Here's what American Heritage from www.dictionary.com says...

1) The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.
2) An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.
3) A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar

Funny choice of words to apply for forum pics, but number 2 makes a lot of sense anyway.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote