View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakicsv View Post
Thanks to everyone who replied! I got this now. The only problem left is that I obviously want to download metadata and covers in bulk to manage my collection with Calibre, but I do not want to get the 'social metadata', and I find it impossible to do this with Calibre. Even when I download the covers only, tags come with it...
The main problem with these downloaded tags is that they are duplicated, mispelled, often do not mean anything to me - so they just flood my database ...

Anyone has a solution? Dowloading covers and metadata in bulk but not tags?
Go to Preferences/General and uncheck Download Social Metadata. You'll still get covers and comments, but mostly no tags. Be aware that bulk downloads of metadata often return the wrong results. It takes longer to do them one at a time, but you get better results.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote