View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Bear100
Bear100 doesn't litterBear100 doesn't litter

Device: none
New to E-Readers

Great Forum! I was turned on to this by a buddy who showed me his Kindle. I liked the idea and the quality of the print (e-Ink?) so much plus the idea of taking a bunch of books with me without packing that I had to get one.

There appears to be many good devices out there. I guess I like the Sony 505 so far, but I want to get my hands on a few first. I am tech savvy, and have converted my music all to MP3 and have my DVD, and TV show collection all on my PC so the concept of books electronic fits my style!!

Now the question. Why do the books themselves (not the reader, which I don't mind paying the $300 or so for) cost so much? And why are there limited book selection?

I don't mind paying for these to keep the writers in business. I pay for my MP3 and video content. Is there are service with a large content space that works like Netflix, which allows me to have 3 movies at a time for $21 per month? or the various on line music stores at $0.99 per song?

E-Books, since they don't have the cost of physical printing and distribution should be inheriently cheaper, yet I find little discount on the newest releases.

Am I missing something?
Thanks and Thanks for leading the way in this site.
Bear100 is offline   Reply With Quote