View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #28
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
The analogy of a forum account is completely off the mark. The customer is cut off from access to purchased material. She's foolish not to have it backed up elsewhere, but it's not as if she simply can no longer post in a forum. This is more serious.
The forum analogy was only mentioned as a very basic example of how it's possible to link different accounts even when people re-register, nothing else.

Edited to add: Mind you, I agree it's a bit rubbish that they you might lose stuff from your archive, but as Blossom posted, things like this seem to come up quite regularly, and a) yes they will delete the account but why would that remove everything from your Kindle, and b) there's usually a bit more to it all than the person claiming cares to admit.

FWIW, having helped run a messageboard at one time, I was amazed at the amount of people who were abusive, banned and re-registered only to be abusive again, yet continually maintain their innocence even though we could see the evidence as plain as day in the forum's settings. Like we had some agenda to ban them just for the fun of it. That was a free website. Considering Amazon are in the business of making money from their customers, it's beyond bizarre to immediately jump to the conclusion that Amazon have banned a customer for no reason?!

Last edited by soulfuldog; 10-22-2012 at 04:42 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote