View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #63
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Pictures or you got a Kobo Glo.
The first picture is from day one with the Paperwhite, taken in somewhat dim light with the brightness set at 17, where I usually leave it. The second picture was taken indoors, in mostly window light, with the brightness set to the same level. I did have some initial problems with Whispersync, but never with the screen.

Last Sunday I finally checked out the Glo at Target. I actually didn't think the light distribution was noticeably better than the PW; in fact, I liked it less. I get that it has more LEDs, but I found the GlowLight's top-down light cones way more distracting than the Paperwhite's bottom-up light cones. But I did like its physical page turn controls and the fact that it has real page numbers. I can't figure out why Amazon still can't provide page numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	94257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	94258  

Last edited by Gameboy70; 10-16-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote