View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #48
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post
I don't understand - there were three distinctly different possibilities to chose from, and the vast majority agreed on possibility #1 and wants all Book Club Votes to be hidden. How can there be a need for a second poll? Adding #2 to #3 seems to me like adding apples to pears.
It was apparent to me that very few wanted all votes to be visible before the end of voting, but several people wanted to mix it up from month to month. I thought the best way to discover exactly how many people wanted a mix verses those who want all votes to be hidden until voting ends every month was to put up a second poll with only those two options. For the record, although it makes no difference to me from the standpoint of extra work (it's really not), I don't care for the alternating option. I'd rather have all hidden votes, and that's how I voted in the poll. But I want to be fair and make sure that's what the majority wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I hope that, if their votes will make a difference, that those who have voted for all open voting will get their votes changed to the compromise category. Half a loaf, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
...I would agree. In fact “Each month, we should alternate between Hidden and Viewable” and “All Book Club Polls in 2012 should be Viewable” should be combined in comparison to “All Book Club Polls in 2012 should be Hidden”
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yup. Because to state the obvious, those are the votes opposed to a hidden vote only. If it turns out that's the majority, it would be a travesty to ignore that.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote