View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
FBReader: I downloaded and installed v0.92 from here (I believe) but I've noticed nothing different. I also can't work out how to configure it. I'd really like to be able to tweak margins, change the number of steps for font size increase, remap buttons, set a default, etc. My current mappings are mostly ignored "in-book". How can I configure FBReader with all the G-sensor page turns, margins and font sizes?
When you go to a book within a folder (not from the main home page), press and hold the OK button. After a bit, a menu should open. At the top, it should say "Open with" with an arrow >. Press the right key and you should see the option to select fbreader. Once you select it, you should then be in the fbreader program with all its goodies.

You can also download/install an extensions.cfg file that'll make the fbreader180 program your default reader. You can find that here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149

Oh - and ensure the FBreader180 program and its folders and such are all in the proper places. Per GrayNM & mtravellerh:

"Copy the fbreader.app into the main memory of your reader under system/bin and off you go. And - copy folder FBeader/ to system/share/"

Quote:
What fonts do other owners recommend for their own reading? Any sites where to get them from? Would love to have a play and find what fonts work best and your recommendations are the best place to start.
See this post for some discussion about fonts people like with their PB360: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=andika. And, as fjtorres has recommended, I've also used a bunch of fonts out of my Windows files as the PB360 can use any TT font. I currently like to use Calibri.

Congrats on you new reader. Yeah, the ebook market is in flux right now, but if you keep your eyes out, you can usually find some pretty good deals on ebooks. It's all in the hunt while we wait and see how the market sorts itself out.

Happy reading.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote