View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm beginning to smell a rather large rat here. From the same article on teleread (http://www.teleread.com/ebooks/delph...rom-the-owner/) :

Quote:
They have local backups of all saved emails, and can match up your order info upon request for books which get updated in the next 12 months. If you don’t know the order number, they can find it for you; but if you do, that will be faster and easier for them and will expedite the restoration of that book.
So they DO have our past order information, and COULD rebuild our accounts, but have chosen NOT to.

This smacks of a company that began with a lofty promise (free lifetime updates once you purchase a book) and perhaps a much too low initial pricing of the volumes - now trying to force customers to re-buy previously purchased volumes - to generate more income for them.

I mean really, they miraculously were able to recover the book files to sell them again, the web page information, ... but not the customer accounts?

Rather too convenient for my taste. Too conveniently selective ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote