View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #14709
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
A very nice mystery. Very well done indeed.

Next: Asimov's SF, January 2013. I got this when it was briefly available at the soon-to-vanish Fictionwise for just $1.86 after discounts. The next issue'll cost me over $3.00 at Amazon, and for a DRMed product.
It was a slightly below average issue for me. One or two of the stories were more what I expect to find in F&SF rather than Asimov's.

Next: Analog SFF, January/February 2013 by Dell Magazine Authors.

This was definitely an above-average issue.

Two time-travel novellas to start with (although I must admit that these were probably the poorest stories in this issue for me, even though I general like time-travel speculation.)

But the four novellettes more than made up for any minor short-comings of the time-travel novellas.

And then there were three equally spendid short stories. I especially enjoyed "The War of the Worlds. Book One, Chapter 18: the Sergeant-Major". Perhaps because I'm British.

Next up: Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover. Darkover Anthology #11.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote