Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #80
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Couldn't you use the YouTube app? Obviously not a solution for sites that use Flash but at least you'd have YouTube.
I was - but it was giving me the error that the videos weren't available in that format, which is why I was looking to install Flash... :/

Another minor gripe: No icon or option to safely dismount the Arc when it's connected to my Win7 computer. Rather irritating... :/

EDIT: Well, now it seems that the videos that were refusing to run are now running. Either Flash takes a while to get recognized by the system after installation, or else something's really screwy... :P

EDIT 2: Well, YouTube seems to work fine now, both in the app and through the browser - but not working anyhere else (such as Shaw Cable's net speed page)... I am getting annoyed. Oh, well. As long as YouTube vids work, I can handle it, I guess. :P

EDIT 3: On the plus side, there seems to be no trouble uninstalling pre-loaded apps you don't want or need, like there is with so many cheapass tablets.

Last edited by JD Gumby; 11-28-2012 at 05:10 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote