Thread: Troubleshooting Paper White registration issue
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
When I recieved my unit a few days ago, it was NOT preregistered. "My Kindle Devices" page showed the PW without a serial number.

I registered the unit through its own registration screen. It did not appear on the "My Kindle Devices" page. On the Order page it showed "Still Shipping."

I called CS. First they told me it could not be used until the official delivery date of Oct 11. I appealed to the next level.

Then it appeared on "My Kindle Devices" page as a SECOND PW with a serial number. I deregistered the non-serial number unit.

Everything is fine now but there is a possibility I may receive a 2nd unit which I will have to return. It now shows as "Shipped" on my Order page with the proper UPS tracking number.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote